The Davis Funeral Home has a seventy-year reputation for outstanding service and is well respected in greater Boston. The late Norris G. Davis founded the Davis Funeral Home in 1935. He started his business in a storefront at the corner of Humboldt Avenue and Townsend Street in Roxbury.
In 1950, he followed the industry trend and moved to the large Victorian home where the Roxbury funeral home is housed today. After his death in 1967, Helen Young Davis, his widow became the owner and operated the business for thirty-four years. Rebecca Ridley joined the Davis Funeral Home in 1990 first as an apprentice and then as a licensed funeral director. She worked for Mrs. Davis until she purchased the home in 2001.
The Mattapan property has been a funeral home for more than fifty years. The Boyko family built the funeral home and operated it serving the large Ukrainian community that settled in that section of Boston. In the 1970’s a demographic shift led to an influx of African American residents. In the mid 1980’s Jesse Corbin, purchased the home and operated the funeral home until his retirement in 2004.